1. Best Run- probably the Run for Boston in Charleston that I did. It was really good to see runners unite after such a horrific tragedy.
2. Three words that describe my running: fun, communal, enjoyable. I try to keep my running fun, even though waking up at 6:30 on a Saturday for a long run is not always fun at that moment. One of my favorite parts of running is the sense of a running community. Getting to know runners at races and other running events is one of the biggest motivators for me. I also really try to keep it enjoyable because otherwise I wouldn't be able to stay consistent.
3. My go-to running outfit. This is a hard one because I really don't have a "go-to" running outfit because the weather changes so quickly and strangely here. Really, there is not a better way to describe our weather than strange. I really like running in a pair of capris and a tank top (loose-fitting, not tight).
4. Quirky habit while running: I do my long runs in multiple short out-and-backs/ loops rather than one big loop/ out-and-back because I think it makes the run feel shorter, even though listening to this I would think it would make it feel longer. It also eliminates the need for me to carry fuel. I can just store it at my house!
5. Morning/ Mid-Day/ Evening? It depends. When it is light outside early, I will run in the morning, but now when it is light in the afternoon, I will run in the afternoon.
6. I won't run outside when... there is a lighting/thunder storm. It probably just isn't a good idea.
7. Worst injury- and how I got over it: thankfully, none yet. Knock on wood.
8. I felt most like a badass runner when... I ran 9 miles in the rain. I really did feel like a true runner at that point. It was like an initiation.
9. Potential running goal for 2013: run a sub-2:00 half-marathon. Whether at this race on Sunday or in December, I will crush it. I was feeling pretty confident about it for this weekend until I got sick. Hopefully I will feel better by Sunday.
10. Next race is... on Sunday! The Diva's Half-Marathon in Myrtle Beach! I am super excited because I just love racing. Big or small. Long or short. I love racing!