Friday, April 5, 2013

Last Run before the Bridge Run

I went on my last run (a "shake-out" run) before the Bridge Run tomorrow.  I meant to wake up and do it this morning, but that just didn't happen.  I covered 1.5 miles with my dog.  I normally don't run with her, but she was begging to go so I took her.  It would keep me at an easy pace anyway.  I went at an easy 10 min/ mile pace.  
my feet ready to go

I have been resting this week as I hope to get sub 50:00 in the 10K.  I am not 100% sure I will make that goal, but I am going to give it everything I have while I am out there.

Sunday: Rest
Monday: 3 miles
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: Rest day from exercise, but I was on my feet all day.
Thursday: Same as Wednesday, but I was volunteering at the Bridge Run packet pickup instead of shopping :)
Friday: 1.5 mile shake-out run

I had pasta and mom's meat sauce for dinner tonight and it was oh-so-good.  This is my typical pre-race dinner so I have confidence that it will sit well with my stomach.
food prep

Tomorrow's Plan:
2 mile warmup run
some food- probably some sort of apple/applesauce and some dry cereal and water and maybe some peanut butter on the apple- I do not have a 'set' pre-race meal, but I know that a combination of those things works for me so I don't worry about it too much.
6.2 miles at an 8:00 pace
2 mile warm-down

We will see how all of that goes.  This is kind of in the middle of my training for the Divas Half Marathon on April 28 so I haven't been doing a whole lot of race-specific work outs, but I feel like with all of the people and all of the excitement, I should be able to run fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment