Saturday, April 13, 2013

Foam Roller

I decided to jump on the bandwagon and start foam rolling after I saw a post on Homemade Strength  to make your own foam roller. I decided to give it a try because it looked promising. The idea was simple: buy a pre-cut pipe and cover it with pipe insulation and duck tape. I used a pre-cut pipe I found at Lowe's, and they don't sell pipe insulation (the little foamy 'tubes' that surround the pipe) for pipes with a large diameter, but I bought some for a 1" pipe and stretched it. It worked pretty well. It was a little hard to do with one person so you might want to have a buddy if you choose the foam insulation route. It was definitely a success! I have absolutely no idea how it compares to the commercial variety because I have never had one of those, but for my purposes it has worked really well.




 I even put a turquoise stripe of duck tape around it to make it prettier.


No comments:

Post a Comment